Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Range finder binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Silver Member

Range finder binoculars

I am just looking for some info on these 3 range finder binoculars. Which one do you have experience with? The 3 that I am looking at are listed below. This is a large amount of money to spend and I just want to make sure I get the most bang for my buck. I know some of you have owned all 3 and I am just looking for some feed back. Thx in advance for any advise or info you can provide.

Zeiss Victory RF binoculars 10 x 45

Leica Geovid HD-B 10 x 42

Swarovski EL Range 10 x 42
Old 06-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Silver Member

Re: Range finder binoculars

Of those three, I only have experience with the Zeiss Victory RF binos and these have outstanding optical clarity, resolution, and ranging ability. At this level, you'll be looking for the most minute differences but i can whole heartedly recommend the Zeiss. FWIW, I hope to be working with the Steiner RF binos shortly and have heard very good reports on optics and laser ability.

Geb
Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Silver Member

Of the reviews I have read on the internet so far I am leaning towards the Swarovski.
Thx for the info I appreciate you posting that.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Good choice. You won't be disappointed with Swarovski EL Range.

I'm curious why you're going with 10 power instead of 8. The 8 power is brighter in low light and has less image shake. You're not alone, because the 10 power model outsells the 8 about 2 to 1. I'm still curious why.

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 06-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Silver Member

From the reviews I have read the quality of the binoculars is top notch, and I want the binocular portion for glassing and spotting as well as the range finder for obvious reasons. I guess the reason for the 10x as opposed to the 8x is I have always used 10x binoculars and have been happy with this magnification. Also my eyes aren't as sharp as they once were and that is why I would choose the 10x over the 8x. You have made me now think about the 8x as well. Thx for the info.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty15 View Post
From the reviews I have read the quality of the binoculars is top notch, and I want the binocular portion for glassing and spotting as well as the range finder for obvious reasons. I guess the reason for the 10x as opposed to the 8x is I have always used 10x binoculars and have been happy with this magnification. Also my eyes aren't as sharp as they once were and that is why I would choose the 10x over the 8x. You have made me now think about the 8x as well. Thx for the info.
Declining visual acuity is a good reason to go with higher magnification. That's especially so if you have astigmatism, which cannot be correct with the diopter adjustment on the bino. If you are just near-sighted or need glasses for reading, then the diopter adjustment is usually enough to correct both eyes to the acuity you would have with very good correction (eyeglasses).

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 06-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Silver Member

I know a lot more of you out there have used these bino's. I would appreciate some more feed back if you have a moment or 2. Thx