Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Range Finder Advise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Gold Member

Re: Range Finder Advise

Trebark........ I think you miss read my relpy's NO MISRespect intended.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Duerr View Post
Trebark........ I think you miss read my relpy's NO MISRespect intended.
Intent and reality are often two different things. Rest assured, you dispensed a ton of disrespect.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Gold Member

Opinions .......................everyone has one. Its best not to let them get you upset, but rather to ignore them, in the end we all go to sleep a lot happier
Old 08-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Platinum Member

Greg, trust me, Broz is the real deal man and he has helped a good number of us. You'll be surprised to find out just what is possible if you get solid advice and hit the range, take notes and look for the reasons you miss not just make a quick correction and fling lead. The PLFR is a big bite, I'm working on getting one my self, if you can buy a tested and true Leica 1600 it would be a great choice till you decide it does what you need or you want to take it all the way. A bad range blows everything, including your confidence in all of your gear! Hang in there, your about to get a serious addiction
Old 08-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Duerr View Post
Opinions .......................everyone has one. Its best not to let them get you upset, but rather to ignore them, in the end we all go to sleep a lot happier
The issue here is not whether or not everyone has an opinion, rather how one responds to those opinions. In this case, you chose to disrespect the members of this forum by telling them that their opinions were meaningless rather than taking your own advice and just ignoring those replies that you considered to be opinions.

What's more, when the issue of your disrepsect was raised, you did not acknowledge it in any real way. Most people would have apologized and attempted to rephrase their statement or question. You have done neither of these.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebark View Post
What's more, when the issue of your disrespect was raised, you did not acknowledge it in any real way. Most people would have apologized and attempted to rephrase their statement or question. You have done neither of these.
trebark,
Greg's got a huge learning curve ahead of him, should he chose to learn. I'm not convinced he's willing to invest the time or money. The truth is, all of the information and education he needs to become a proficient long range hunter is already available if he was willing to spend the time and energy to research this Forum. The rest is up to him; his willingness to spend some money to get the right equipment, and his willingness to learn how to use it. Which is why my response consisted of two short sentences. "You wanna learn? Or you wanna lecture?"

The only correct information he's posted to date is that a person can't grab the first factory rifle that falls into their hands, the first batch of factory ammo, the first scope buried in the closet, and shoot 1/2 moa groups at 1000 yds. If that's the crowd he hangs with, he should have the decency and restraint to not paint others with the same paint brush, and to not criticize others that choose to hunt and engage game at ranges greater than 600 yds. Especially on a Long Range Hunting Forum.

If he really wants to become proficient, all it takes is time, education, practice, and money. It's up to Greg - at this point...

Last edited by phorwath; 08-22-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
trebark,
Greg's got a huge learning curve ahead of him, should he chose to learn. I'm not convinced he's willing to invest the time or money. The truth is, all of the information and education he needs to become a proficient long range hunter is already available if he was willing to spend the time and energy to research this Forum. The rest is up to him; his willingness to spend some money to get the right equipment, and his willingness to learn how to use it. Which is why my response consisted of two short sentences. "You wanna learn? Or you wanna lecture?"

The only correct information he's posted to date is that a person can't grab the first factory rifle that falls into their hands, the first batch of factory ammo, the first scope buried in the closet, and shoot 1/2 moa groups at 1000 yds. If that's the crowd he hangs with, he should have the decency and restraint to not others with the same paint brush, and to not criticize others that choose to hunt and engage game at ranges greater than 600 yds. Especially on a Long Range Hunting Forum.

If he really wants to become proficient, all it takes is time, education, practice, and money. It's up to Greg - at this point...
Well said. Especially...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
"You wanna learn? Or you wanna lecture?"