Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Question for Shawn Carlock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

Question for Shawn Carlock

I was reading the Nightforce vs Swaro thread where you said you had compared the NF to most others. The Zeiss Conquest is my scope of choice at the moment but I'm on the fence about upgrading to a NF. Didn't want to hijack another thread but am curious as to your opinions on the two, if you have any.

Anybody else using or have used both feel free to chime in.

Chris

P.S. Are all nightforce reticles illuminated?
Old 10-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Gold Member

Re: Question for Shawn Carlock

How is Zeiss compare to N F scopes?

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 10-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Sponsor

I have compared side by side the Swaro, USO, Leupold MK4's, Zeiss, and S&B to the Nightforce NXS models. Here is where I stand personely. I can't tell any optical difference in any of them except the Leupold the Leupold just was not as clear and seemed to not be as bright. That being said it is a great value for the money. Comparing the others to the NF I don't see any optical advantages in clarity etc. Adjustments and bomb proofing - the NightForce stands head and shoulders above the rest. In all of the NF products I have sold I have never had one returned or sent back that I know of. I like the reticules better than the rest. The Nightforce is less money than most of the others. It gives me the utmost confidence in my system. Jeff at Nightforce is one of us, he is a long range hunting nut. He is all about LRH. With that in mind I just like dealing with and knowing that the NXS comes from our roots. There is one down side to them, once you have one, everything else you own will just be crap and you will hate it.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 10-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
There is one down side to them, once you have one, everything else you own will just be crap and you will hate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was afraid of, I've got 3 Conquests and a Nikon tactical, there's just no way I can afford to upgrade them all and still stay married. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I still might try one just because I hate not knowing what I'm missing.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Sponsor

I would encourage you to try one but prepare for the inevitable.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 11-01-2006, 09:15 PM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
There is one down side to them, once you have one, everything else you own will just be crap and you will hate it.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have to say, this is spot on!!
Old 11-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member

Lately I've been hearing great things about IOR scopes. I'm interested in either the 6x24x50 with 35MM tube or the NXS 5.5x22.5x50. I probably will never shoot over 500 yds. My rifle is a 6x284 that gives .25MOA frequently.The NXS is $300.bucks more! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]