Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Question: Ideas for SAKO scope rings.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Silver Member

Re: Question: Ideas for SAKO scope rings.

YOU GUYS!!!!! Man you ALL are OK! What a major pain this rifle has been. Anytime you get 3,000 plus tied-up in a rifle and can't get a scope to mount after spending hundreds more on rings, well it has SUCKED. That's it, from now on I'm bring all my troubles here to hash-out! LOOKOUT SCHMIT&BENDER here I come. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 08:35 PM
SPONSOR

I thought I was going to place my order Monday but man they are proud of those bases. I'll see if I can justify spending that much to myself over the weekend.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:12 AM
Silver Member

Well folks I talked to Richard on the phone today (whoops,yesterday) and he thinks he'll be able to take care of my SOCK-O needs, If this works out, look for a huge sale on rings and base from a lot of major makers from yours truly, cause I'm going to clean house and go to one system on everything I shoot that wears glass. I'm sick of hunting up bases and rings ever time I have to swap scopes to test a rig, re- sight in, test loads etc. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2005, 09:55 AM
Gold Member

This will not help a Sako 75 but on my TRG-S I took two weaver #36 bases and used Millet Rings so I could get my Leupold 50mm on it. You could take the rifle to a smith and have him drill and tap it.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:11 AM
Silver Member

I wish this action was a model 75 but it's not. This is a model 591 and uses a different mount than the 75's. I think Richard has it covered and I await his results. When I test a rifle it will be much easier to put a target scope on with his system and take that scope back off and switch back to the scope that belongs to that rifle and have a return to zero without doing anything more. Using the KISS system works for me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]