Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Question about optical center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Question about optical center

Quote:
Originally Posted by green 788 View Post
and we didn't get an answer as to the rear base type... I've seen dozens of scope "problems" go away when the windage turret was centered and the rear adjustable base was tuned for the coarse windage adjustment.
Sorry about that. Leupold rear base, adjustable and yes I used the adjustment during the bore sighting, then fine tuned it @ the range.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Gold Member

Years ago I used all Leupold and Burris bases and scopes and began purchasing Nightforce equipment. I installed Badger one piece bases and set the scopes in Badger rings. Not meaning to stir the pot, but I would suggest you do the same along with replacing the wood stocks with well bedded synthetic ones on the rifles you don't look at on the wall. I know this is a costly venture, but it is worth it especially when you're trying to make that one long shot. BTW, I still use Leupold and Burris scopes, but the bases on all shooters have been replaced with one piece bases, either Badger or Farrell.
db
Old 10-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Bronze Member

Excellent suggestions by all, thanks for your input.
Before I forget... it's a Bell & Carson synthetic stock.
I am confidant that I've got everything mounted & adjusted properly. Trigger time will determine if there is an issue with any of the internal components. If it is off center on my next trip to the range, then I guess it's time to throw the Leupie back in the box and hot foot it to the post office.