Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Question about Leupold RXB-IV range finding binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Gold Member

Question about Leupold RXB-IV range finding binoculars

I was doing some research in the new Leupold RXB-IV range finding binoculars and found that they have a mode that will tell you the MOA adjustment to make instead of the range to target. Has anyone tried this? IF it works as good as it claims, wouldn't it be just as easy as using drop compensating turrets but without having to get different turrets for different conditions?

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM
Old 08-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Question about Leupold RXB-IV range finding binoculars

Probably work OK as long as you kept your shots under 500yds or so. Further than that and the error and changing environmental conditions will get ya.

I guess it depends on how well your rifle matches one of the 7 built in drop curves.

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives