Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member
Re: question

A few years back I was looking for a good pair of binos and had about $500 to spend. I looked through every pair I could find for several weeks. I was gonna go with the nikons as they seemed better then anything else in that price range until a store owner I usually buy most of my rifles from handed me a pair of Zeiss Diafun 8x32. They are $350 and are a step above the others I've looked through. There customer service is pretty good too. I use them at work and a lent them to one of our Scout Squad Leaders on a training mission and he brought them back without an eye cup. A two minute call to Zeiss and they sent me a new one free.

Unread 12-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Platinum Member

I know that you guys that have those $1000 binos don't believe me about the Cannon with Digital stabilization then why do the top end make their binos with digital stabilization also, but cost much more than their $1000 + units?

My Nikons are pretty good, but the Steiner, Zeiss and Sworos are not worth $700 + more than my Nikons.

Just my .02,

Unread 12-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member

Back when I sold a pr. of Ziess classic10x40 should of kept them,they where great, for $500
Unread 12-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Gold Member

Have a pair of Cannon IS in the 18x60. They work great for hand holding, like glassing Antelope but the shear optics quality is sub par at best. Used them from a tripod and they dont even compare to Leica/Swaroski 15xs in terms of clearness and brighness, fuzzy edges. Most people dont spend hours looking through glass to get fatiuge.