Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Prevent turret from turning?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Prevent turret from turning?

Just get a Nikon. You need channel locks to turn the dials...... I know, I have one and it's a pisser sometimes.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinetowgunner View Post
One of the nice things about the PST is the zero stop. So if it does turn its no a big deal because you won't loose your zero.

Yes, I have that set, but it's only for the elevation, not the windage.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member

I just purchased a Vortex HSLR which has a capped windage turret which is great for hand carrying the rifle and sliding it in and out of a scabbard. It has a exposed elevation turret with zero stop and those two things really solve many problems.

There are a couple fellas on this site that were designing scabbards especially for scopes with exposed turrets which is a good idea. You want the turrets free from pressure. There will always be the chance of a dial rotating but developing a good habit of always glancing down and checking just as you would check the bolt when hiking making sure its locked down assuring the safety is on is easy to do and is becoming a normal for me. The windage dial on the PST is the one that would go unnoticed as there is no red line (I don't think) for a quick reference.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein