Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Premier Reticles Gen2 mil dot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2004, 02:03 AM

Premier Reticles Gen2 mil dot

Hello,

Is it normal for glass etched PR Gen2 mil dot reticles to have some kind of debris on it? I mean very small dust (?) particles in random places of the image when viewing through the scope (the scope lens are perfectly clean but these imperfections are still visible)?

Best regards,

Przemek.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:29 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Premier Reticles Gen2 mil dot

PPP

My initial guess is that it's not normal but each of us is unique and what you consider debris I may dismiss completely.

I'll see if I can call those folks today for you (probably less expensive for me than you to call) and ask.

Welcome to Long Range Hunting, hope you enjoy the site.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Silver Member

Re: Premier Reticles Gen2 mil dot

What normally happens is that the dust is from the plating process is knocked loose during shooting and adheres to the lens. This normally is not apparent with 2nd focal plane scopes, but does sometimes happen.

If you continue to uses the scope the recoil should cause it to get knocked off again and you won't notice it.

While an attempt is made to keep this too a minimum, it does happen.

Generally, I live with it as it is a minor nuisance, but that's up to you.

D. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-18-2004: Message edited by: DMCI ]