Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buano View Post
I've never seen any data or reviews showing a Sightron had glass (or coatings) better than Leupold. Did I miss something or was this an "exaggeration"?
Have you looked through an SIII such as the 6-24 next to a Leupold 6.5-20 or 8.5-24?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member

Leupold has a way of resting on it's reputation for sales. It is being passed over, by inovators in the market. This will eventually be there down fall, as well as the cheapening up of the vx-1- and 2 lines. NF and Vortex even Nikons outsell Leupolds in my shop. I no longer stock 1 and 2's as the quality has vanished. Nikon can at least put the reticle in the tube within a degree of verticle.

The sales of general 3x9 hunting scopes is dependent largley on new hunters. 50% of WI deer hunters will only ever own one deer rifle. The guys who are into LRH, regular target shooting, rock busting, PD busting, ect. will buy and use more product than 10 individual traditional deer hunters in one year.

When companys offer the New and inovative things shooters want, that is where they will go. Sorry Leupold.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Silver Member

I have sent 4 leupys back to custom shop for m1 nobs and reticle changes and i Have asked every time about getting a custom tmr reticle in moa instead of mil and they act clueless . I am have another vx3 ready to send really considering going Tmr and .10 mil dials . Not to highjack this thread but has anybody used there new mil dials?

I vote for MOA reticle too
Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry but the Chinese are having problems with the MOA Trype Wreticle. Should be fisked soon Loopy will then use them............
Old 01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Silver Member

I would be in for a MOA reticule
Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgebuilder View Post
I have sent 4 leupys back to custom shop for m1 nobs and reticle changes and i Have asked every time about getting a custom tmr reticle in moa instead of mil and they act clueless . I am have another vx3 ready to send really considering going Tmr and .10 mil dials . Not to highjack this thread but has anybody used there new mil dials?

I vote for MOA reticle too
I am using them, not much time on them yet, but it makes sense to have reticule match turret. I like mils becuase it takes less turns to get yardage. I also use the tmr for holds to 825, it is very similar to the ART reticule
Old 01-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Bronze Member

An M-4 with a NightForce NP-R1 reticle and I'd buy two! Come on Leupold WAKE UP!

This is my rifle, this is my gun. This one's for shooting, this one's for fun.