Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Silver Member

Re: Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

A mk4 with MOA turrets and MOA retical
I'm in, and I am short 2 scopes...
Old 10-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Bronze Member

I would absolutely love a FX-3 6x42 adj obj scope with some kind of moa reticle that isn't a 1/2 moa dot. That just wont work for what I want to do. I realize a fixed 6 power scope isn't what most would choose but it does away with needing a first focal plane reticle or only being accurate at one power setting. It wouldn't be dedicated to LR either and 6 power works well for where I am and what I would hunt at all the ranges that I would feel comfortable shooting at game.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:21 PM

I am in.I am looking to buy a scope in the next 3 months.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member

I'm all for your petition, however, Leupold has been and will continue to monitor world wide demand. This thread would have to have 5000 + signatures to raise an eyebrow, and 20,000 to begin serious talks.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

I've talked to the tactical line manager, Ray Brock, about this more than once, essentially receiving not even a flicker of interest. Repeatedly returning the conversation to matching MOA reticle and knobs just did not seem to find a foothold at all in more than one conversation. Mentioning NF and the market share they have, in some small part, due to offering matching MOA reticles and knobs and that folks are going with NF and not with Leup because of this just didn't seem to make too much difference. I can't figure it out...leaves me baffled. An M4 with MOA reticle and matching MOA turrets would seem to make alot of sense, right? Like NF? I'd much rather have a lighter scope than the NF. Too bad. Leup is missing out on on a chunk of the market.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member

frankly, I think Leupold is decent glass and their customer service is 2nd to none, but I've seen better scopes for less money. And, if I'm going to spend over a certain amount, then I'm going with Zeiss or NF. My Conquests are superior to my Leupolds in the same magnification. I'd buy a Nikon over another Leupold.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member

Hmmmmm ---- another reason I love my USO scopes.