Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:09 AM

Re: Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

For those interested, I just got off the phone with Leupold Custom shop and was informed that within 2 months they will have a MOA based reticle released in their new scopes and will be available to send in existing scopes to have reticles retrofitted with MOA. He said it will be similar to their TMR reticle but with MOA stadia in stead of MIL.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Silver Member

i am patiently waiting,,
Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Platinum Member

That will be great, especially if they put in a few numbers on the various lines!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Gold Member

Of course I hear this right after I bought a new VX6!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member

It's about time. Been quite unimpressed with them taking so long with something so simple. Could've been done years ago. I had a couple of phone conversations some years ago with the head of their tactical division and he just could not get his head around the idea for whatever reason. What is so difficult to understand about matching your knobs to the reticle? I bought a NF instead...but will look at Leupold once again when this reticle comes out.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM

***Update*** For those interested I just spoke with the Custom Shop and sent in a couple of scopes to have the MOA reticle installed. I have attached a copy of what it looks like. I like it. They said it would be about a 2 week turnaround.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TS-32X1_reticle.pdf (130.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-09-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallen View Post
***Update*** For those interested I just spoke with the Custom Shop and sent in a couple of scopes to have the MOA reticle installed. I have attached a copy of what it looks like. I like it. They said it would be about a 2 week turnaround.
Looks good ! Glad luepold finally got with the program.
Any idea of cost to retro fit ?