Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

I just ordered my first Vortex scope. A Viper HS LR with MOA type reticle. I have been all leupold for 25 years and 1 NF until now. We will see how the Viper is, Reason was the MOA style reticle..

It has an exposed turret w/1/2 MOA elevation clicks. We will see how that works out..

Mark
Old 11-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member

like its been said before, if they came out with a MOA reticule I would be getting mine updated and buying another, but since they ignore their customers I think Im gonna get a Vortex.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 PM

I would love a MOA/MOA Leupold! It would take the stress out of finding a scope that meets my needs and is a well known and time tested brand. Currently it is looking like the Vortex 2.5-10 PST, but I just can't bite the bullet on that one until I can physically see one. Problem is that there aren't two many dealers around. A Leupold I think I could buy without having looked it over.

Definitely in on this one!!

Matt N
Old 11-21-2011, 03:35 AM
Gold Member

With companies like Sightron and Vortex on deck why even bother with Lupys anymore?
Old 11-21-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
With companies like Sightron and Vortex on deck why even bother with Lupys anymore?
I haven't ever held a Sightron or Vortex in my hands. There are no dealers nearby that stock either brand. Everywhere I look on the net Vortex is getting great reviews, but the brand isn't well known nor does it have a long history like Leupold. I had never heard of Sightron until I started reading up on longer range shooting and tactical-type scopes. History for them is unknown to me.

Money is tight for me on these things, and I just can't drop $600 to $1000 because a bunch of people I don't know personally said that they are good. I maybe a little paranoid, but I can't afford to spend that kind of money on a scope with out playing with it a little.

I really hope that this spring when the Dakota Territory gun show comes through Grand Forks and Fargo, ND that a vendor has these brands so I can see them and form a first-hand opinion of them for myself.

I think that my feelings on them may apply to many others out in the world, but it is possible that they don't too.

Matt N
Old 11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Silver Member

Over the last 40 years I have owned many scopes. I came to a concensus Lepould was the best bang for your buck. Until Sightron came out with their SIII line of scopes. I now have changed my mind and now think Nitghtforce and Sightron have taken Leupolds place as having superior products woth the extra bucks.
Nat Lambeth
Old 11-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Gold Member

The lack of MOA stadia on any of their scopes is the primary reason I stopped buying Leupold scopes. Ten years ago, my rifles wore nothing but Leuppy's, today only one has a Leuppy, the others wear either a Nightforce or Vortex.