Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Silver Member

Re: Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

I would buy one in a heartbeat. To bad they don't have one on the market now. I will be purchasing a scope for my new build here shortly.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Bronze Member

You would think the demand for Nightforce's NP-R1 reticle would tip them off at $1400 entry level, much less Vortex delivery being out almost 6 months on their VX-III priced units. I would've bought 2 Mk4's with the money I spent on one NF to get that reticle.

If Vortex can supply their scopes to meet even half of the demand for MOA reticles, they could end up building a strong enough brand/product to get into Leupold's market share pretty deep. If was at Leupold, I wouldn't want to be the guy in Marketing to have to explain that in a meeting!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTMONTANA View Post
The fact that Leupold doesn't have a MOA reticle is why I went with Vortex! I would also like to petition for some sort of Leupold zero stop! Please and Thank you.
I bought a Leupold Mark AR for my 300 RUM in 6-18x40. I sent in to the custom shop with my ballistics and got target knobs all ( scope included ) for around $560 , compare that to a $1600 nightforce. $1100 for a zero stop? I called leupold last week as I am looking to purchase another scope and expressed my interest in a zero stop and was told that next year they will have a zero stop for the Mark4 and once this is successful, they will have a system that will work on the Mark AR.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:21 AM

Personally I have given up hope on Leupold ever coming out with an MOA reticle. I just call them up everytime that I buy a new scope and say that I have bought something else. I am really disappointed in them because how hard is it really to add a new reticle? Order a batch of lenses and keep them on the shelf and stick one in every once in a while. Shoot even if its a custom job. Just called them last week and told them I am getting ready to buy another scope from Nightforce. Slim
Old 11-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Silver Member

With Leupold keeping their heads in the sand on this issue. It raises the question of why someone in the aftermarket dosen't pickup on this? I would think that there would be enough of a demand to justify the expense to offer this. I could be wrong though.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH300UM View Post
With Leupold keeping their heads in the sand on this issue. It raises the question of why someone in the aftermarket dosen't pickup on this? I would think that there would be enough of a demand to justify the expense to offer this. I could be wrong though.

I asked Leupold why there are no longer firms offering aftermarket reticles, etc. for Leupold scopes. Leupold stopped issuing licenses for that work because most aftermarket shops glued the scopes together after working on them making it impossible for Leupold to do warranty work on them. Customers were upset that any scope sent in with an aftermarket reticle was replaced with a new scope with Leupold reticles instead of being repaired.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buano View Post
I asked Leupold why there are no longer firms offering aftermarket reticles, etc. for Leupold scopes. Leupold stopped issuing licenses for that work because most aftermarket shops glued the scopes together after working on them making it impossible for Leupold to do warranty work on them. Customers were upset that any scope sent in with an aftermarket reticle was replaced with a new scope with Leupold reticles instead of being repaired.
TK Lee offers a dot system but only on the vertical hair.
My buddy has this system in his leupold.
The scope had issues. POI shift. Tracking problems. He sent it back for repair.
Returned to him in 4 weeks with the same reticle.
Issue fixed.
Still wondering why nobody else is willing to provide a service for this niche.