Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Silver Member

Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

I mentioned something to the effect of "When is Leupold going to give us an MOA reticle" in another thread, and got a few responses expressing some intrest.

So i called today and asked about it. I was told that it was discussed, and may happen in the future, but the cost of "set up" was pretty substatntial, so they dont have one right now, and aren't agressively pursuing the idea.

It is my beleif that they are behind the power curve and ignoring the LRH community, and I would personally like to have a choice in reticle other than the TMR and mildot popularized by the tactical community.

It is my intention to write the company and request this addition to their line up, and would like to send a link to this thread showing the intrest that our sport would have in such a reticle. Post ideas, reticle schematics, whatever... Lets help design the thing.

Most importantly, give me some ammuniton in the form of intrest here. Maybe they'll call it the LRH reticle?

Who's with me?

Old 10-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Petition to Leupold for MOA reticle

I prefer a MOA reticle along with a MOA turret adjustment like the Vortex Viper PST will have if it ever gets to market. If Leupold was to offer something similar like the EBR-1reticle with a matching turret in a medium priced scope that weighed around 24 ozís I would buy in a heartbeat.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 10-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Silver Member

+1 on the MOA
robster
Old 10-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member

Leupold....MOA reticle....I'm in!

If they offered a 1moa reticle, similar to the NF NPR1 I would send both my MK4s to the custom shop to have them updated and I would probably buy another one for my next build.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Gold Member

I have one on a USO and I really like it. Don't know why they say set up costs are
so high with all the reticles they put out now.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member

All I can say is I just sent 1 VX-III to the custom shop for turrets and reticle. If this reticle had been an option it would be a no brainer. Hands down MOA reticle would be first choice.
Im not one for petitions, but this one is not malicious in any way and we all love Leupold, so Im in, if this is what it takes to get the ball rolling for making interest in an MOA reticle known. Goodness knows Im not done buying scopes, especially if Leupold offers something like this!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Silver Member

I would change one of my Leupold scopes to the moa reticle and possibly buy two more!