Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

parallax adjustment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2004, 08:05 PM

parallax adjustment

today i went and bought a leupold mark 4 lr/t 4.5-14x50 with side parallax adjustment....My question is simply... how do i use the parallax adjustment effectively and how does adjusting the parallax setting affect poi?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Bronze Member

Re: parallax adjustment

bkite ... The simple way to adjust a scope is to adjust the occular lense to focus the reticle to your eyes and the parallax knob to focus the target. The crosshair adjustment should only need adjustment when you mount the scope on the rifle. The parallax may need adjustment multiple times due to target locations/distance changing. It is far more technical than this, but simple works best for me! A quality scope should not change POI with power or parallax adjustments. Good luck ... Mike

[ 09-02-2004: Message edited by: Bluebeemer ]
Old 09-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Silver Member

Re: parallax adjustment

To use the parallax adjustment effectively, move your head right and left, up and down,while adjusting the parallax knob, there will be a point that the crosshairs stop moving on the target. This may or may not be at the sharpest target picture setting focuswise, but it is where you need to be.
And how does parallax setting change POI? If done incorrectly, you will miss alot.