Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Ordered a March Tactical scope yesterday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Gold Member

Ordered a March Tactical scope yesterday

I've been reading alot about these scopes over the last 2 months & then at the SHOT show I go to play with them for awhile at the Kelbly's booth - it sealed the deal for me!!

I was looking for a sleek tactical style scope to put on my 7MM Mag being built by Mike Bush @ Skunkworks Rifles. This rifle will be used for hunting purposes out west.

Here's what I ordered (I know it won't fit alot of members needs on here, but I wanted it for a hunting rifle):

*March 2.5-25x42mm

*Tactical Turrets w/ 1/4 MOA adjustments & zero stop feature

*Di-Plex reticle, non-illuminated

*Second focal plane

*30mm tube

Anyone else ever run one on a hunting style set-up??

The wait is 3 months - I was told by Kelby's that each scope is "made to order" one at a time.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Ordered a March Tactical scope yesterday

I have been seriously thinking about doing the same thing in the 2.5-25 or 3-24 since before Christmas.

My problem has been the reticle design.

I want something that will work for hunting and have a fine point of aim at the higher magnifcations.
The tatical reticles are too busy and a simple duplex is not the best option for me I believe.

I am sure that if I could actually look thru a few March scopes that problem would be solved quickly .
I am really impressed by this site. March rifle scope Reticles

I have a March 40X with 1/8" dot .

I do believe that in this case you get what you pay for.

I would rather have a few great scopes to shoot with than "lots of leupolds".
It costs the same.

And you don't have to send them back for repairs all the time.

Glenn
Old 02-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

I think you have made a excellent choice. The power range and size is perfect for a hunting scope and you can't go wrong with the straight duplex. The 5 year warranty is a little bothersome but if it's a quality scope which I think it is you should be good to go.

After using it for awhile post what you think of its performance.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Gold Member

Anyone else running a March scope??
Old 02-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Bronze Member

I had a March X delivered 10 Feb, awesome all round.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member

Please let us know how you like it! Been thinking about the March for several years...

Tell you builder that the name of his company and the skunk on the homepage is not cool..

Am forwarding his information to our legal folks on Monday to see if it is legal for him to use our name...

Trademark details
Skunk Works® is a registered trademark used for Manufacturing Products For Others, Namely, Missiles, Land Vehicles, Aircraft, Boats, Missile Launchers, Satellites, Shuttle Vehicles, Telescopes, Weapons, Frigates, Navigational Systems, Reconnaissance Systems, Targeting Systems and Information Systems Design and Testing of New Products For Others and owned by Lockheed Martin Corporation. Full trade mark registration details, registered images and more information below.

Last edited by Boss Hoss; 02-20-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Gold Member

Boss Hoss,

Thats your buisness, not mine!!!!!

The full name of his company is Underground Skunkworks Rifles LLC. Mike Bush is the owner - he's a good guy!!!!