Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

opti-logic rangefinders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2004, 08:24 AM

Re: opti-logic rangefinders

Mike,
Forgive me for being ignorant, I down loaded the instruction file but my Adobe crapped out [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] so I can't read the specs.
If I understand you, the veiwing system is purely optical w/ no display screen in side? The display is mounted along side the eye peice? The display doesn't have a mode for low light/no light situations kinda like the light button on a digital watch? Not trying to be difficult just trying to get a mental visual of what the back side looks like.

Thanks & Cheers [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Silver Member

Mike,

What is the beam divergence on the Opi-Logic LRF compared to the Leica 1200? Also, the angle compensator feature, is that just giving you the cosine angle distance? Or is it giving you the actual corrected angle distance? There is a difference and Iím curious.

The cosine angle distance would be fine for archery shooters, but would not work well for long range rifle shooting at angles greater than say 20 degrees.

Thanks for your help

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!
Old 08-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Silver Member

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Sorry to rant, but this frustrates me about these new companies that pop up.

Mike Hammel from Opti-logic seemed eager to help and answer questions, until someone (which was me) started to ask specific and technical questions about their new product. Then thereís silence. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he or they went on vacation or were out on business.

I figure his/there silence is something they wish not to talk about and hope we would go away.

My thoughts, stay with the best and buy a Leica 1200 or another reputable range finder.

Sorry to rant, but I feel better now.

Have a great weekend everyone!
[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2004, 12:28 PM

whoa fellas. I'm not upset by the comment but defensive. I do not monitor this, or other BBS's. On occassion i try to follow up. But in my own defense,

I'll try to answer any question and if i do not have the answer, i'll make every effort to get it.

I can also be reached "back door". the sales email address is first seen by me, then I pass it on as appropriate. that's our life (business) so i'm there ALL the time!

WRT the angle. the precision is .2 degrees accuracy is 1 degree.(however please keep in mind that this is not a $3K Hypsometer or a $10K Survey instrument)

Divergence is important-obviously. the further away, the greater divergence and therefore the less accurate the angle measurement will be.

the following was taken from our front page (index.htm):
Mode 3: Measures height in feet, meters, or yards with accuracy of +/- one foot (+ 0.5% of reading).

Mode 4: Measures angle in degrees or percent grade with a resolution of +/- 0.2 degrees.

The following was taken from our Industrial Rangefinder page (/industrial_rangefinder.htm):

Vertical Axis -- 3.5mrad half-angle divergence;
Horizontal Axis -- 1mrad half-angle divergence;

again however let me remind you that we're the only one with the tilt compensation mode (in the Sports Optics market). Leica is well respected and makes a very fine product. we're proud to compete with them. The others, oh well (IMHO) .

Oh, yes. you should be able to hit a deer at 600 yards with all the 1000 yard models.

have i left anything out? if so, let me know please (but do it by email if you need a rapid response).

Regards! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2004, 12:35 PM

oh sorry. I forgot an important issue raised. Through the lens and backlighting.

when you put "through-the-lens" optics in a unit you loose visual resolution (approx. 4% light loss per surface). AND with magnificaton, it makes steadying the shot more difficult yet. because there is light loss, viewing in subdued light becomes more difficult. Those are some of the reasons we do not have amplified, "Through-the-lens" viewing. Are we cognicent of the fact that it's a marketing tool? of course. will we do it? eventually, when we can do "right".

now to Backlighting. Backlighting uses battery power and costs money to add. Will we have it? Yes. When? we hope very soon but for now you can see this in ALMOST all lighting conditions. again, when we do it, it will be RIGHT. I assure you.

I'll add more after I re re reread the thread [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2004, 12:58 PM

uno mas

is there any way to set this BB and Forum to email me when there's activity or responses?
Old 08-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

Mike,

I owe you an apology and you have my apologies. Thanks for checking in and answering my questions. We sometimes get folks promoting their products but when certain questions are asked, we never hear back from them.

Again, thanks for coming back in and answering my questions.