Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

opti-logic rangefinders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Silver Member

opti-logic rangefinders

these rangefinders have a angle compensation built in.Has anyone used one or know anything about them.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Silver Member

Re: opti-logic rangefinders

come on guys can anyone help? Heres the website http://www.opti-logic.com/index.htm
Old 06-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Silver Member

I played with an 800m model at a shoot and got consistant readings to 695m on trees.

If you hang on a couple of weeks, Mr. Murphy is supposed to have me in his shop to check it all out. Just need to give him a call. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 07:11 PM

i just joined when i saw the messages on our rangefinders. Dr. Murphy is one of the two founders of the company. I will be pleased to try to answer any questions you may have concerning our rangefinders. BTW we now have a 1000 yard unit.

as you can imagine, it's hard enough to see a target at 1000 yards-let alone range it, but if you can see it (and it's large enough of course) we can hit it. if you're interested in how we do it, just ask.

regards, to all

Mike Hammel
Old 07-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Silver Member

Mike I am curious how far 1 of the 1000 yard range finders can range a whitetail deer
Old 07-19-2004, 10:23 PM

Great questions!
1. distance. it's dependent on the "quality" of the target. there's no clear-cut answer and it's difficult for us manufacturers to put an actual number on it-that's why it's always vague and nebulus (sp?). The IR beam of all consumer grade rangefinders, diverges as it leaves the rangefinder (sorry to get techie on you). if the targeted object is large (say deer size) a 600 yard rangefinder "should" be able to hit it at about 400 yards or so. it's reflectance is high enough to get energy back to the rangefinder. but since the fur is diffusing the IR light, it might not reflect enough light. a black bear-albeiit larger-probably would not under the same conditions. a 1000 yard rangefinder may do better but again, it's dependent on the target and the amount of light reflecting off that target.

As far as Opti-Logic Corp products go, they are not back illuminated, nor are they magnified or "thru the lens". the reason is: better viewing functionality. Yes we realize that it is a bit less desireable to take the unit away from your face to see data, when you range something. but since we're not thru the lens nor magnifed, you'll see the target much better in subdued light. our system is a red dot concept. you press the fire button, put the red dot on the target, release the button and it fires (so to speak). the clarity and visibility is superior to those that have thru the lens targeting since we don't have all the interference of optics.

I hope that answered your questons. i'll be happy to try to answer others if you have them.

let me also mention at this point, we are the ONLY manufacturer that puts tilt compensation in our consumer rangefinders. this feature (XT and LH models)give a display of the HORIZONTAL distance, not just the "line of sight" distance that all others give. It very suitable for Archers and Riflemen alike. remember: all your sights and scopes are calibrated on the horizontal. shoot up hill or down hill and horizontal distance measurements will give you corrected information. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2004, 11:36 PM

Mike,
I visited your site but the specs seemed a little thin. Then again I probly missed them [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] . My big question is the display lit or back lit for night or low light applications?

Thanks, Cheers [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]