Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

opinions on millet scopes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: opinions on millet scopes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Honestly I would get a viper vortex instead, a LR scope should work as intended from the get go, no backlash nothin. For now I'll deal since season opens here in 2 days and the go to huntin rifle is still sighted in

JOE: Mule deer season or what?? And what ya using this year??

Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
JOE: Mule deer season or what?? And what ya using this year??
General rifle season. Most area's white tail Muleys, Elk. My daughter has a special youth antlerless elk permit for the Missouri river breaks north west side. We're gonna take a week down there just us 2 and the horses

My go to has been a 270 for a few years now, though I still take the 7mag some, she's got a 7mm-08
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Silver Member

Viper? My friend just got one, had it professionally mounted and he couldn't get it to hold a zero when sighting in. Then he finally got it close and took it up hunting and found out the reticle inside had gotten turned some how. Im positive vortex will fix it they have a great warrentee but still kinda turned me off of that scope
Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Platinum Member

everybody puts out a lemon now and again, but not every body offers a no questions asked warranty on a$450scope
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 10-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
General rifle season. Most area's white tail Muleys, Elk. My daughter has a special youth antlerless elk permit for the Missouri river breaks north west side. We're gonna take a week down there just us 2 and the horses

My go to has been a 270 for a few years now, though I still take the 7mag some, she's got a 7mm-08
*sigh*..Must be nice!! Good luck to both of you!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Silver Member

Been doing a little thinking on this, is there any way I can make a "zero" card and attach it to the end of my barrel and have it match up exactly with my crosshairs.... then twist my turrets up and down a bunch then return to zero and see if my crosshairs match back up with my original zero? That SHOULD let me know if the turrets are skipping at all correct? Has anyone done this before
Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member

I doubt it I could never get mine to focus on anything closer than about 20-25ft, maybe you'll have better luck though, cant hurt to try.

Joe