Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Opinions on the Falcon Menace 4-14-44

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Opinions on the Falcon Menace 4-14-44

Oh, keep things in perspective. As long as it doesn't break, the IOR makes this thing look like a POS in about every way. The Falcon is great for the money, but the IOR is in a whole different class.

While it has done well so far, I used multiple IORs for years and have absolute 100% faith in their tracking. I don't know if I'll ever have that much faith in the Falcon.

But I agree as more and more companies catch on, hopefully the price for the features we want will be driven down.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A View Post
Oh, keep things in perspective. As long as it doesn't break, the IOR makes this thing look like a POS in about every way. The Falcon is great for the money, but the IOR is in a whole different class.

While it has done well so far, I used multiple IORs for years and have absolute 100% faith in their tracking. I don't know if I'll ever have that much faith in the Falcon.

But I agree as more and more companies catch on, hopefully the price for the features we want will be driven down.

And please don't misunderstand me....I know the IOR is a much better scope than the Falcon, I was just saying I didn't realize there was any other FFP choices for that price other than Horus Hawk with a 1 year warranty. Apprently, Falcon Menace has a 5 year.

As it is, I spent about twice what I'd planned on my IOR when I first budgeted an optic for this rifle. I justified it to myself as only having to buy something this nice once in a lifetime. ;) I would have considered the Falcon had I known about it b/c it much more closely matched the funds I planned to spend.....but ultimately, I'm glad I went ahead and got the IOR as, (just like you mentioned) it's a nicer scope overall.

I am looking for a gift for my Dad's scope since I'd like him to get something nice to go with an M1A I just picked up for him. He's the kind of guy that will buy a scope for $60 and think it's fine.....and for him it is. I'd just like to be able to get him something a little nicer for his birthday/Christmas present. He gave up alot of nice things to provide for his family and I'd like to be able to give him some of those things he missed for our benefit. While I can't afford another IOR, a Falcon or Horus is something I could get and would be light years ahead of the optics he's used to.

Sean
Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Silver Member

Hey Jon A -It's been a year now since your inital review...how about an update?

Any other Falcon Mencae owners please feel free to chime in too!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Silver Member

Any suggestion on a good reliable place to purchase them at?