Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

only high dollar optics are quality???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: only high dollar optics are quality???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
One upmanship dominates the American retail scene. Good for manufacturers though.

Reminds me of the guy in the subdivision that has a haf acre to mow but needs a 4 wheel drive diesel tractor with a front end loader and a belly mower when a push mower would have been just fine.....

I sometimes wonder how males justify that stuff to their wives???
Justifiy ????? What do you mean, I am certainly a MALE (with a pair)and though I am happily married I do not justify spending money on this sort of stuff !!!
I just figure it is better to ask for forgivness than to beg for permission!!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Silver Member

Shhiitt!!! Now I NEED a frickin Nightforce! Thanks a lot!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop401 View Post

Justifiy ????? What do you mean, I am certainly a MALE (with a pair)and though I am happily married I do not justify spending money on this sort of stuff !!!
I just figure it is better to ask for forgivness than to beg for permission!!

Your's is a single case though. Ive seen households where if hubby out of a clear blue sky came in with a $2000 plus rifle scope.....he'd be sleeping with it a few nights in the back seat of his car!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Your's is a single case though. Ive seen households where if hubby out of a clear blue sky came in with a $2000 plus rifle scope.....he'd be sleeping with it a few nights in the back seat of his car!
Well I have never realy had any issues with my wife and my spe. nding money on my shooting hobby . You see she feels as long as I am taking care of my household responsibilities and having a little fun its ok. This long range target shooting is actually cheap compaired to other hobbies I have had in the past(tournament bass fishing,enduro racing) and as my ol lady says " better him setting at a shooting bench than a bar"
Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well I have never realy had any issues with my wife and my spe. nding money on my shooting hobby . You see she feels as long as I am taking care of my household responsibilities and having a little fun its ok. This long range target shooting is actually cheap compaired to other hobbies I have had in the past(tournament bass fishing,enduro racing) and as my ol lady says " better him setting at a shooting bench than a bar"
Once again....your a singular case. Ive seen some that "she" wanted every nickle there was in the game. When asked why "they" didnt get rid of "that bitch"....normally the reply was it was more trouble that it was worth.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Silver Member

I hearya Sully, I knough just how lucky I am in this department that is why I let her knough it !
Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Not married here, but I do know ALL about the expensive hobbies. I fish bass tournaments, used to shoot ASA, IBO, and BHA archery tournaments, always been into hunting and fishing, trucks, hotrods, harleys, raced moto-x for 9 years, mud trucks, etc....

Now all I do is pretty much hunting, fishing, bass tournaments and shooting. The rest i've either outgrown or lost interest in.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.