Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

only high dollar optics are quality???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Gold Member

Re: only high dollar optics are quality???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
I've got 5 Sightron SIII scopes. 3 are LRMD's,and 2 are MOA-2's,I've never had a single issue with them. They have all been very dependable scopes,as well as the SII that's on my AR10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA48 View Post
I only own 1 SIII and have never had any problems. It tracks well and is extremely close to true MOA adjustments.
It will be hard to find better glass in the price range.
seems to be the underlying input from almost all the SIII owners Ive read about.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Silver Member

maybe i will give the s-iii a shot
Old 03-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Silver Member

Yeah!!, you listen to that one dude. Send it back! These companies are very aware that customer satisfaction /repeat customers is half their business, especially for these types of products which many people buy with little to no research until they begin to fathom it is not right for them or they are displeased for some reason..

On the other hand, I read through the original post and still have no idea what the problem (s) is/are.. I failed to understand exactly why you seem to have problem with multiple descent scopes.. that should be decent enough.. you must have a natural repellent nature towards anything technical, trust me, its not personal, I see it on a daily basis.. some people couldn’t count their balls and get the same number twice!… just check your kidneys at the door and figure on getting some good ole fashioned iron sights.. haha !
Lever
Old 03-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Silver Member

You seem to be suffering from cronic bad luck! I suffer from the afliction myself.
There is no cure for it only some ways to minimise the impact as for as sporting goods goes (1) only buy the cheaper stuff when it doesn't realy matter,(2) hold off till you can buy what you realy want the first time when it does matter (BUY ONCE CRY ONCE) (3) Talk to people who own the item you are interested in and not just any body, people who you consider to be more knowledgable than your self , If I asked my co workers , neighbors , ect. what would be a realy good scope, I would here "tasco, BSA, redfield, simmons ect.". Not that they are bad, they just are not long range precision hardware.
I bit the bullet and purchased a NF nxs 3.5-15 50mm 6 months ago and it took a little while to rat hole that much cash but 6months later it is the best money spent in my shooting sports history. A year ago I purchaced a $350 optilogic range finder that was supposed to be good for 1500 yds , after a blown oppertunity this past fall where I could not get a consistant reading at what turned out to be 712 yds when it was ranged from the elks location back to a big rock I was shooting from. I knew then that I was once again a victim of my cutting corners in a arena where you get what you pay for. That was 5 months ago and 2 days ago I ordered a G7 br2 rangefinder and yes I cried but I will only have to do it once!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Silver Member

porkchop - Thanks for your post, I am going thru the same decision process as I get ready to purchase a 243. I am now going to do what I always do (but almost didn't with this rifle) and save a while longer and buy a good one.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lever-hed View Post
Yeah!!, you listen to that one dude. Send it back! These companies are very aware that customer satisfaction /repeat customers is half their business, especially for these types of products which many people buy with little to no research until they begin to fathom it is not right for them or they are displeased for some reason..

On the other hand, I read through the original post and still have no idea what the problem (s) is/are.. I failed to understand exactly why you seem to have problem with multiple descent scopes.. that should be decent enough.. you must have a natural repellent nature towards anything technical, trust me, its not personal, I see it on a daily basis.. some people couldn’t count their balls and get the same number twice!… just check your kidneys at the door and figure on getting some good ole fashioned iron sights.. haha !
Lever
i dont understand you, read the post,what is hard to understand, some of them were like that out of the box, now how the hell would that have anything to do with counting balls, i come up with two every time and you missed the big picture, in no way should you have to send a scope back when you should be shooting and not worried about your equipment, it is you my friend that is the one that is behind
Old 03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Silver Member

I can buy a sightron s-iii and an xdm 40 5.25 for the price of one nightforce, so that is where i am stuck