Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

only high dollar optics are quality???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: only high dollar optics are quality???

High-Speed turrets, I would assume. But don't quote me on that.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Silver Member

HS is for Highspeed turrent. (Instead of 10 MOA per turn its 20 MOA) or (Mil its 10 Mil per turn vs only 5 for the non hs)

ZS is for the Zerostop.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Silver Member

Many thanks for letting me know what hs means.

What kind of set up do you generally order with a scope such as the 5.5-22x50. I would want to initially put it on a 243 heavier barrel varmint but I hope it will end up on longer range rifle. I was thinking MOAR reticle. I have been using a Leupold VX-3 on a field 223 for woodchucks, simple fine crosshairs and I just hold over a bit when necessary. Game will originally be NJ woodchucks but I hope to move out west in the next year.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member

When I order my Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 it will be a HS, ZS with the MOAR reticle.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Silver Member

You won't regret the night force. I've had the TRS-1, Viper PST, and now an HS NXS Nightforce. The clarity is amazing and the first time you get behind it you love how well defined everything is. Color is true and looks great. I never had any issues the the TRS-1 it still sits on my 260REM and works like a champ. Gets a little blurry at the top end but for the money is nice. The PST had issues with junk on the glass but they fixed it and did so quickly. It sits on a 300WSM and does the job. The NXS does have an advantage over the PST in clarity for sure. I'm afraid it may also multiply one of these days and get me is some really big trouble with the wife.
Romans 12:12
www.projectsavage.com
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked View Post
I might try the sightron s-iii moa2 but i am very hesitant after some of the reviews i read
I've got 5 Sightron SIII scopes. 3 are LRMD's,and 2 are MOA-2's,I've never had a single issue with them. They have all been very dependable scopes,as well as the SII that's on my AR10.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Silver Member

I only own 1 SIII and have never had any problems. It tracks well and is extremely close to true MOA adjustments.
It will be hard to find better glass in the price range.