Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

only high dollar optics are quality???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: only high dollar optics are quality???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Once again....your a singular case. Ive seen some that "she" wanted every nickle there was in the game. When asked why "they" didnt get rid of "that bitch"....normally the reply was it was more trouble that it was worth.
1 hyphanted word........Pre-Nup.

I will NEVER get married without one.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
1 hyphanted word........Pre-Nup.

As the very proud son of a dirt farmer, I didn't have anything but dreams when I got married so that hyphenated word was not a consideration.

In summary, to each his own, and good for you(or me) if you can afford things some others can't. Don't judge, just be happy that for the time being we have alot of people with the same interests in the shooting sport. It seams like every generation our numbers shrink.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPayne6128 View Post
As the very proud son of a dirt farmer, I didn't have anything but dreams when I got married so that hyphenated word was not a consideration.

In summary, to each his own, and good for you(or me) if you can afford things some others can't. Don't judge, just be happy that for the time being we have alot of people with the same interests in the shooting sport. It seams like every generation our numbers shrink.
I agree with everything you said, except one thing....I can't necessarily afford the things I have, but I have good credit.

Not all my guns are anywhere near high-dollar setups. I don't own 1 single NF or Swaro scope. I've never paid over $1000 for a piece of glass in my life. Don't mean I wish I couldn't. Don't mean I don't have good stuff (for me).

However, my guns, and other toys are in a sense, like my kids (if I had any). I work hard for them, they're mine, I paid for them, and I don't want someone else taking them away from me, or getting their grubby hands on them and selling them b/c they want to spite me. Maybe that is a better example of why I think pre-nups are good ideas. It not only benefits me, it benefits her. I'm sure she has items that she doesn't ever want to have to sell either, so a pre-nup is beneficial to both involved. Atleast, that's how I feel about it.

And also, there is the rare chance these days, that you meet the right woman. Settle down, stay happily married the rest of your life. In which case, the pre-nup was pointless, but it's always good to have that peace of mine.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post

I did. And dont regret for a second. Been married 29 years now and I got married when I was 33. I did a hell of a lot of shopping between age 19 and 33 lets me tell ya....

I could EASILY afford the most $$ glass.....but I refuse to! They wont help my shooting 1 iota or I would have them on all my rifles. Id rather spend my $$ on a fully customized rifle previously owned by..say....Jack O'Conner....that has traveled the world and HAS brought down some big game that I could use on "safari".....but poor health prevents me from ever doing at this point in life.

The answer and sum total is Buy the best you can afford and USE IT....and dont look back