Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Which one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Bronze Member

Which one

I can't decide between scopes based on my budget and needs I've been looking at a Leupold VX3 6x20x50 LR, Vortex PST 6x24x50 , or the Zeiss HD5 5x20x50

I'm more interested in accuracy and reliability of the turrets more than anything( I just had a bad expierence with a cheaper scope) and I want to stay MOA MOA. The reticle options on the Vortex are nice but I'm not that into them or know enough about using FFP to get too excited but the fact that they have zero stop definitely interests me. Some of the guys at my range are Leupold guys for ever they love them and will never change and have been very happy with them and I know their customer service is fast and reliable if needed. Then the Zeiss HD5 has been perking my interest guys aren't happy with the zero stop but I could get over that. I just don't know any opinions or help would be appreciated.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Which one

I guess if your not talking about nightforces you shouldn't be talking
Old 02-13-2014, 09:13 AM
Silver Member

I have been a leupold guy for a long time, but have recently made the switch to the vortex viper hslr ffp. Mine are the 6-24x50 and so far I am really liking the versatility of this scope. I wouldn't say that the glass beats the leupold, but the features certainly do. The warranty program from vortex is every bit as good as leupold. For the money, I believe these May be the most versatile hunting scopes on the market.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdscooby View Post
I guess if your not talking about nightforces you shouldn't be talking
Yep sometimes i feel the same way on this site.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member

Anyone that thinks Nightforce is the only scope worth having is like an ostrich.....standing with their head in the sand
Old 02-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully2 View Post
anyone that thinks nightforce is the only scope worth having is like an ostrich.....standing with their head in the sand
lmbo!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Silver Member

I really like my Vortex PST. But its my first scope that is more than $200. To me it is a great value for the features that is has.