close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Oculus scopes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

Oculus scopes?

Does any one have experience with Oculus optics. Saw them on the web and was just wondering if they are worth a look.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Re: Oculus scopes?

I'm waiting on my license but my rifle is on order, and I'm planning on picking up the 6-24x50 Oculus from Bass Pro after it shows up, I'll share my opinions.

They seem good in the store though.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Gold Member

I rate the quality of the 6-24x50 that I have somewhere around bushnell elite 3200 but lower quality image tHan leupold vx-1. It's not poorly built, but it kind of fills the starter scope niche. If you need to abuse and possibly tear up a tactical scope, it would be my choice over Nightforce. But if you want to set records for f class matches... The oculus isn't going to get you there.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:09 PM

I have just mounted a 6-24X50 Oculus on my Remington 700. I will be taking it to the range next week. I'll give you my impressions. However, looking thru the scope here at home, it appears the clarity/brightness rivals a Nikon. If you all don't mind, I'll be glad to post my long run experiences over time.

I purchased it thru Bass Pro, it was on sale for $50.00 off of list price, eligible for their 6 pay plan, and free shipping.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Gold Member

Yeah, the one I had wasn't a bad scope. It tracked okay, was moderately clear but had only basic features. I quickly switched to a Vortex Viper with zero stop.

If you have the money to go for a Viper... I would do it. If not, I would check your tracking on the range. For my gun, 22.4 MOA is 1000 yards, so I go from zero to 22.4 about 3 times. I use that to check my return to zero at 100 or 200 yards.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:53 PM

Ok, I went to the range, but didn't have much time. The scope have VERY positive clicks...1/4 in at 100 yards. Zeroing in the scope was a snap, I had it pre boresighted.

with ammo that I loaded, I did a cloverleaf, all rounds touching at 100 yards. While the scope is very clear, and the adjustments very positive, I did find the reticle a bit thick, but not way so. As i likely won't shoot over 500 yards, I don't think it a problem. As I shoot more, I'll drop some more thoughts on the scope, but so far, for the dollar, seems like a great buy.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilVaquero View Post
Ok, I went to the range, but didn't have much time. The scope have VERY positive clicks...1/4 in at 100 yards. Zeroing in the scope was a snap, I had it pre boresighted.

with ammo that I loaded, I did a cloverleaf, all rounds touching at 100 yards. While the scope is very clear, and the adjustments very positive, I did find the reticle a bit thick, but not way so. As i likely won't shoot over 500 yards, I don't think it a problem. As I shoot more, I'll drop some more thoughts on the scope, but so far, for the dollar, seems like a great buy.
1/4 MOA? Or 1/8 MOA? The unit I had was 1/8 MOA and the clicks were positive and very close to that measurement.