Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

NP-R1 or NP-R2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Silver Member
The 5 MOA spacing on the NP-R2 is the reason I went with the R1. I don't like dialing windage because I crank the sucker the wrong way half the time. The 2MOA marks on the R1 horizontal line are better for windage hold offs IMO. I'll admit the R1 is a little busy but after using it for a while you get used to it. I like the 1 MOA vertical spacing because I can either dial or use the reticle. I have tried dialing in 11 MOA at 600 yard and then returned to zero and held over 11 MOA using the reticle they had the same point of impact. If I buy another one it will be a NP-R1.

Unread 01-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Silver Member
I use R2s simply for the reason that my eyesight is not great and I find the R1 fuzzy when I spend alot of time looking through the scope.
Now if my eyes were better I would likelt go R1s as the spacing makes more sense for minor comeups without having to touch the turrets.
Both work great, it just personal preference.
Long Distance is BETTER than being there
Unread 01-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Silver Member
I have both. I use the R1 for F-Class and long range Target. The R2 is easier for me in hunting situations where placement may not be as critical. (meaning 1 inch one way or the other is probably not going to make that much difference)
Unread 01-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Gold Member
I have and use the R1. The 5 MOA windage from the R2 was a bit too wide for my "holding" needs on the range and in competitions.

Unread 01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Silver Member
Guys ,, thankyou for all the is exactly what I needed I am going with the R1 as my eyes are good and I overanalyze everything..Kindest Regardss....
Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
Genesis 9;2