Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nikon scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member

Nikon scopes

Lately Ive been buying Zeiss scopes ( GREAT scopes BTW) but on this 25-06AI that Ive been working up I wanted something different but didnt want to break the bank either...mainly because I was trying to get this thing put together as cheaply as I could.

I went with a Nikon 4.5 x 14 x 40 Side focus model...and bottom line is Im Impressed! VERY clear scope. After getting it sighted in today I did some ring arounds to see if it tracked..I think its called...and sure enough it came right back to home plate.

I bought it off of E-bay for less than 200 and Im glad I got it now!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: Nikon scopes

Sully, You got a great deal and still have Nikon standing behind it!
If you ever decide on Custom Turret's they are available for your scope. I'm still planning on getting one for my .257 Wby Mag, I just can't get around to getting it done.
Thanks for the post and glad you are happy with your e-bay purchase.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Silver Member

I ran across this youtube vid and thought you might enjoy it.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman940 View Post
I ran across this youtube vid and thought you might enjoy it.
It seems the tube is easier to leave a mark on that the higher priced Zeiss...

Video was great! I sure wished I lived in country where I had that sort of a place to shoot.......Id be dead broke from shooting all the time...
Old 09-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

When I lived in Oregon we'd drive to the coast range and find a clear cut area to shoot. Lot's of great across canyon practice shots, Only bad part was you always had to walk the target's out there which usually took a fair amount of time. In the spring it was amamzing how many times we'd see black bear's coming out of the woods to see what was going on.....
Old 09-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member

Been in love with Nikons for some time now ever since i put this 6-18x Buckmasters on this XP 17 Fireball several years ago. It has accounted for some shots to ~500 yds. on dogs in some light winds. MD reticle cald. for 12x, MOA turret works well enough for this application--

IMO, the 2.5-8x EER scope is one of the best in the EER optic business as well--

This IS the best 2x handgun scope around--low profile tgt. turret. Advertised at 120 MOA turret travel this one has 160 as tested, and will get me to 500-600 on this little Ruger Mk III--

Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Silver Member

Great pics, love the bi-pod too!
You got me thinking now, never a good thing according to my wife!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/...40/CNRuger.jpg