Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nikon Monarch Turret Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Bronze Member

Nikon Monarch Turret Kit

Anyone used the Nikon Monarch Turret kit? Are the turrets the tall target style or shorter tactical style?

I have a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 scope that has been my mainstay on my hunting rifles but recently picked up a Savage LE rifle on an AI stock.

Plan on mounting either a Viper PST or a Nikon Tactical, but since I have two of the Monarch scopes still sitting in the box, thought I'd explore the turret kit option as a short term option.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Gold Member

Re: Nikon Monarch Turret Kit

I don't have the tall turrets on my Monarch which is the same as yours with mil dots. And in my opinion the target turrets are not a worthy investment because the scope though the durability and glass are fantastic, does not track very well. After making adjustments the first shot is always off. But after the first shot the reticle settle and is right on.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Bronze Member

Camshaft,

Thanks. Have you seen issues with the target turrets? Since I use the Monarch's on my hunting rifles, I usually don't dial in the shot since most are within PBR and use a combination of holdover/Kentuck windage to compensate for those that aren't.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Gold Member

I cant imagine any problems with the turrets though I have never used them but I have taken my short ones loose to zero them after sight in and they are very simple and effective.