Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nikon M-223 BDC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 01:03 PM

Nikon M-223 BDC

Hey powder burners, does anyone have any thoughts about the Nikon M-223 BDC scope made for the AR platform. I want one for my Stag AR-15 Mod 6. I have heard good things about this scope and was hoping that someone out there has used this scope?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Silver Member

Re: Nikon M-223 BDC

BD, First let me tell you that I do some freelance work for Nikon just to get that out of the way. Second, I have put 1000's of rounds under all the M and P Series AR scopes without a glitch in any of them. I am a big fan of the BDC reticle scope's Nikon offer's since it allows you to dial in your accuracy with Spot On based on your ammo,cal and scope. Obviously the more accurate the data you enter the more accurate your shot's will be. If you're looking at a scope that goes to 12X or higher they are currently included in a Promo Nikon is doing. I don't do any sales so what you buy is up to you, I would just hate for you to miss out on saving $, we all like to do that! Check out Spot On if you haven't already, free to use and workson your android/apple portable device's. Drop me a note if you have any question's.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:58 PM

Bman 940, thanks so much for your input. I have studied this M series Nikon and I think that's what will go on my Model 6. So I see that you have good relations with Nikon so here is another question for you. I also have a Ruger Gun-site scout in .308 and was thinking about the Nikon M-308. I know its meant for the AR platform, but if its all the M-223 BDC is than it may be another good one for my .308?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Platinum Member

I looked at same scope long and hard since my buddy had it on his but I went with Compact 30MM Konus 3-12x44 T30 with red and blue illuminated 550 BDC reticle with Burris X-high Xtreme tactical rings instead on my wife's AR ...

My wife's AR ...

The scope is built like a tank and am very pleased thus far.

Good luck!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.