close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Reply

Nikon BDC or mildot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PUEBLO, CO, USA
Posts: 1,134
Nikon BDC or mildot

Am thinking about replacing my Nikon 3-9x40BDC with a Nikon 4.5-14 but not sure if I'd like their mildot or just get me another Nikon BDC. Just not sure if I want more Nikon 'circles'.

Your opines appreciated...

Thanks



NRA life member National Rifle Association - NRA Programs Website Gateway

silvertipCO's photos and albums on webshots

for elk hunting info go here: Everything You Need To Know About Elk Hunting
or here:
Welcome to Eastmans.com
__________________
svenska50@hotmail.com

NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  •   #2  
    Unread 02-03-2008, 08:51 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Posts: 558
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by silvertip-co View Post
    Am thinking about replacing my Nikon 3-9x40BDC with a Nikon 4.5-14 but not sure if I'd like their mildot or just get me another Nikon BDC. Just not sure if I want more Nikon 'circles'.

    Your opines appreciated...

    Thanks



    NRA life member National Rifle Association - NRA Programs Website Gateway

    silvertipCO's photos and albums on webshots

    for elk hunting info go here: Everything You Need To Know About Elk Hunting
    or here:
    Welcome to Eastmans.com
    Neither, just learn how to "click" and leave the fluffy reticles alone .
    UB
    __________________
    Attitude:
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    Reply With Quote

      #3  
    Unread 02-03-2008, 09:11 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: WI USA
    Posts: 410
    Get a turret made for your load. I am not a fan of the Nikon circles at all. I like something that has fine lines or fine dots.
    Reply With Quote
      #4  
    Unread 02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: corpus christi,tx
    Posts: 879
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
    Get a turret made for your load. I am not a fan of the Nikon circles at all. I like something that has fine lines or fine dots.
    I agree the + is way to thick on the BDC. i have two and i'm going to sale both of them.
    Reply With Quote
      #5  
    Unread 02-04-2008, 06:03 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: PUEBLO, CO, USA
    Posts: 1,134
    I spent two hours scoping the back 40 with my current BDC scope and maybe them circles aint so big and thick and bad after all. I just need to shoot more with it, then maybe go for the 4.5-14 side focus as my rifle/ammo cries out for more MAGnification. Hmmm...
    __________________
    svenska50@hotmail.com

    NRA Life Member
    Reply With Quote
      #6  
    Unread 02-05-2008, 02:51 AM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Posts: 45
    I'm very pleased with my Nikon Mildot. I bought a BDC but sold it after looking through it a second time.
    Reply With Quote
      #7  
    Unread 02-05-2008, 08:29 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: PUEBLO, CO, USA
    Posts: 1,134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSoD View Post
    I'm very pleased with my Nikon Mildot. I bought a BDC but sold it after looking through it a second time.

    I looked thru a high quality mildot scope at a gun show recently and noticed that the mildots were very hard for me to detect unlike the BDC circles. I am a glasses bifoacal wearer and I think if I were sighting THAT mildot scope on a dark object that the dots wouldnt be visible at all to me. Can you comment on how visible the Nikon dots are? Thanks.
    __________________
    svenska50@hotmail.com

    NRA Life Member
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: Nikon BDC or mildot
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Nikon Monarch 4-16X42 mildot like new CA48 Optics For Sale 6 04-27-2010 09:41 AM
    For Sale: Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40SF Mildot Charles A Optics For Sale 0 08-11-2008 12:50 PM
    Nikon MilDot Reticle. silvertip-co Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 3 02-26-2008 09:15 AM
    4-16x50 Nikon Tactical Mildot Quarterbore Guns For Sale 0 09-09-2006 05:52 PM
    WTB - Nikon 4-16X50 Tactical MilDot ATH Guns For Sale 2 03-28-2006 07:02 PM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC