Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

nightfource zero stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Bronze Member

nightfource zero stop

ok I give up. It appears that I can not follow directions. Could some one please give me the the moron directions please. Sorry if this was asked aready, did a search but nothing.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Silver Member

Re: nightfource zero stop

Absolutely.....I love the zero stop!!

While you are setup at the range ready to zero your rifle.......Just take your turret cap off. Loosen the 4 screws on the zero stop clutch (only 1 full turn). Shoot your rifle and set your elevation where you want it (in other words zero your rifle) by turning the middle screw (elevation adjustment). Once you have your rifle zeroed, rotate the zero stop clutch to where the shoulder settles into the clutch stop and snug tighten the 4 screws. Replace your turret cap with the zero on the cap set at the hash mark, and snug tighten the turret cap screws.

After you do it one time, it will seem very simple. Remember you don't need to loosen any of the screws more than a full turn or so, and don't over tighten.

Also, remember don't disturb the light grease on the zero stop clutch. It needs to be there.

I hope that was more clear than mud......
Old 05-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Bronze Member

Re: nightfource zero stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater225 View Post
Absolutely.....I love the zero stop!!

While you are setup at the range ready to zero your rifle.......Just take your turret cap off. Loosen the 4 screws on the zero stop clutch (only 1 full turn). Shoot your rifle and set your elevation where you want it (in other words zero your rifle) by turning the middle screw (elevation adjustment). Once you have your rifle zeroed, rotate the zero stop clutch to where the shoulder settles into the clutch stop and snug tighten the 4 screws. Replace your turret cap with the zero on the cap set at the hash mark, and snug tighten the turret cap screws.

After you do it one time, it will seem very simple. Remember you don't need to loosen any of the screws more than a full turn or so, and don't over tighten.

Also, remember don't disturb the light grease on the zero stop clutch. It needs to be there.

I hope that was more clear than mud......
nf should have hired you to write there directions, done first try thanks