Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nightforce vs. U.S. Optics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 01:57 PM

Re: Nightforce vs. U.S. Optics?

I've used both. I have more experience with USO and probably a little biased toward USO. As far as my eyes go, I'm a big USO fan. Not a darn thing wrong with Nightforce though... All good glass, ruggedly built (and for someone as clumsy as I am thats a good thing). I've seen first hand a few demonstrations where a USO scope has been literally thrown onto hard ground several times and remounted and it kept it's original zero... hard to beat that. and as previously stated their customer service is outstanding. Not to take anything away from NF, but if your'e gonna spend the $$ I'd say spend a little extra and go with USO.

but remember I'm a little bias to USO so take my humble opinion (because thats all the above is) with a grain of salt and buy what works for you. Happy hunting all
Old 04-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Silver Member

Both manufactures are turning out quality products. The difference comes in with USO as being more of a "custom" scope.

I find the customer service is top notch with both companies. Support is always there if you need it with both companies. Optically I find them too similar to distinguish and noticeable difference. All things I would say are equal except with the USO you have the ability to order a scope built to your specs.

I don't know if you would be using it for hunting or target, but the Nightforce velocity reticles are nice for hunting purposes. Really nice for know distance steel banging too.

I don't know what lead times are running on USO but I know that these guys always have Nightforce in stock whenever I call to order one.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Bronze Member

Nightforce, only way to go!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Silver Member

Nightforce is the way to go! Since 1992, Nightforce riflescopes have won more records in long-range benchrest competition than any other scope on the market!

You cannot buy a higher quality riflescope!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:20 PM

nightforce nxs why do i need to spend the extra $ on a uso iv never looked through one but dont care to. imo the scopes dont look as good on a rifle as nf they may be slightly more clear but doubt its noticible to human eye and even if it is most folks dont need it nf will do the job just as good for much less. i guess my name sais it all.