Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nightforce vs. U.S. Optics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Nightforce vs. U.S. Optics?

Whilst Nightforce are good at what they do (reliable with acceptable glass), US Optics just don't compare with the major European optics companies.

I have a magazine article somewhere where one was included in a comparison with Meopta, IOR Valdata, Doctor, Kahles, Nightforce, Zeiss and S&B. The review wasn't favourable.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Bronze Member

Same here, go to Nightforce, you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Silver Member

Oops double post for some reason.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Silver Member

I used to own a couple of NF's. One NXS and one BR. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. Good glass, accurate adjustments and very robust. Had to send the BR scope in for repair when it was new...outstanding CS. Guess if it was the choice between the two...I'd say NF. For me and my eyes...I'm going German glass all the way. I'm getting my second Premier Heritage 5-25x Tactical. But I've also owned IOR and was extremely pleased. The difference in clarity and color really make a difference for my eyes and overall comfort.

I've never had a chance to look through a US Optics....but can recommend the NF.

Good Luck,

Wayne
Old 03-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Gold Member

this NF is not being ran over but the story goes that this scope was shot while in use by one of our guys over sea he rapped electric tap around it and used it for a few more days the only thing didn't work was the power ring. its was supposed to have been at a shoot show a couple years ago but who really knows. if true its one hell of a story IMO better than being set up for a photo shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Gold Member

Nightforce scopes are junk. Yes you should sell them and upgrade to U.S. Optics. Please let me know and I will help you get rid of your junk...............Man I hope this works....LOL.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Bronze Member

Have you had a change to look through a S&B or Zeiss Hensoldt? Noticeable difference to my eyes but they do cost more than NF/USO. My Hensoldt scopes are so easy to get behind and the brightness/clarity is out of this world. More FFP options than NF as well. They do retain their value if you decide to sell. Only you can decide if $$$ is worth it. My Hensoldt's will likely provide a lifetime of use. Over the next 40-50 years what is another $1000-$1500 for something that is a pleasure to use?

Buy once, sob once.