Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nightforce vs Leupold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Nightforce vs Leupold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old teacher View Post
I would like to at least put a quality scope on it. I would appreciate any input about anything, especially about the Vortex. Thanks much for any ideas.
The MeOpta glass is very nice.

The Vortex PST are great scopes, the glass is good but not great. We have a few FFP MOA in stock. Another good scope for quality and glass is the Zeiss Conquest line. http://www.cstactical.com/Zeiss.html

Are you looking for really good glass also?

Mike @ CST
Old 06-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

You guys may what to look at Kahles Rifle scopes also.

Kahles | Rifle Scopes | OPTICS | CS Tactical

Mike @ CST
Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Silver Member

Kahles is a little out of my price range, although I agree they are quality scopes and I appreciate your suggestiion, CS T.

Yes, I am looking for good glass. I thought the Vortex glass was supurb when I looked at them. Not Swarovski quality, but for a scope under $1000, I really like the Vortex Viper PST. I was looking at the Zeiss, and I have one of those, but mine is one of their original Conquests that cost about $500. It's OK, but the company does not stand behind their product. I had to send mine in for some minor repair and got charged almost $300 for what Leupold and some others would have done for as a courtesy.

Thanks for your input. Please keep it coming guys (and gals). I will check out the ones suggested more thoroughly. I may have to sell a gun to come up with enough money to take a step up in the scope.
Anybody need a really nice Beretta trap gun?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Gold Member

No comparison..............NF is the best scope made for tatical use. I love my Swaro Z6 and Zeiss scopes but for a scope for precision work you wont beat NF. I wish they made a sporting model, but after looking thru a 2.5-10X32 I can forgive the small objective because it too is the bomb in glass.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalebow View Post
No comparison..............NF is the best scope made for tatical use. I love my Swaro Z6 and Zeiss scopes but for a scope for precision work you wont beat NF. I wish they made a sporting model, but after looking thru a 2.5-10X32 I can forgive the small objective because it too is the bomb in glass.
I put a 2.5x10 NF with the HV Reticle on my Model70 270WSM a few years ago. This is my 600 yard carry rig. The glass is excellent and with light gathering and clarity that appears equal or better than the other scopes I have had mounted with larger objective lenses. This rifle is compact and perfectly balanced with this scope. Also, the reticle marks matched exactly out to 600 yards with no correction factor necessary at 10x power setting.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt