Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nightforce or Vortex Razor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Gold Member

Re: Nightforce or Vortex Razor

I have the moar t and yes just the middle + lights up. When theres light out it doesnt matter how briht the setting I cant tell if its on or off. It was no help in a cluttered/busy sight picture. I was still able to shoot with it just hsd to concentrate a little harder. Im not sure how much the redular moar would be. I have no intention of getting rid if my moar t
Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Bronze Member

I agree, you can't tell the illumination is on when in bright light. The problem with thin reticles is not only apparent in low light conditions but probably more so in cluttered back grounds or back grounds with similar colors.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Gold Member

The Vortex is hard to beat, especially when you can regularly get them for way under retail. They come standard with all the fixins'. FFP, ZS, 25 MOA turrets, sunshades, levels, plus and outstanding warranty. I've had both of their MOA reticles. I kept the EBR-2b and sold the EBR-1. The EBR-2b reticle in the Vortex Razor is the most useful reticle I've used, followed closely by the new Leupold MOA reticle. I'm in love with windage dots.

Vortex got it right with the EBR-2b. From the top of the magnification range to the bottom the reticle is usable, which is something I can't say about many of their FFP scopes.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM

I went with the Razor over the NXS on my new 7LRM build for 3 reasons. The eyebox on the razor does not rotate when changing magnification (I use flip-up lens covers with ranging info on the inside of the lid). Turning on or adjusting cross hair illumination is much easier/more accessible on the Razor. Warranty is the best in the industry. I have a NXS on one of my LR rigs and like it a lot but the aforementioned reasons were enough to cause me to give the Razor a try. Besides, the Razor has a sexy color!