Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nightforce Scope ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Re: Nightforce Scope ??

If youre 56mm biased then why dont you explain why it is beneficial to you?
Instead of being a wise guy.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Silver Member

No. I think you are taking my post the wrong way. I have no experience with the 50mm and only have one NF on top of than. I'm not doubting your judgement. I know from getting burned too many times on the net that things aren't always what they seem. It is much better if you can handle the product, whatever it may be: knives, scopes, boots, backpacks ect. Your comments about bulkiness is well taken. Like I said some things can only be understood by holding the scope.

No wise guy here.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Thank you for clearing that up.

The points I brought up about the 50 vs the 56 are beneficial to me. Another indavidual may not care how bulky his scope is and he may want the extra brightness of the 56mm.

There will be many differing opinions as to which is better. Is there a better? No. Only better for me and better for the next guy.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Silver Member

Micheal:
You made me smile when you mentioned the extra size. Every mountian hunt I have been on I always carefully pack my pack with only what I think has to be in it and at the end of the hunt I am down to cleaning out the lint to get rid of the extra weight.

I also thought that I had to have the 56mm scope and my two I now have are 56mm but after using them on mountian hunts I am seriously going to look at a 50mm so your point is well taken

Dave