Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Which Nightforce Reticle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM

Re: Which Nightforce Reticle?

MLR reticle! Thicker than the NP-R1 and less busy! I have both the and the NP-R1 is good against light uncluttered backgrounds. Works great in prairie dog towns! I loose the lines in foliage and and darker backgrounds.

MLR is a much better thickness IMHO and yes, get the milrad turrets. I didn't at first and it makes everything much simpler!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:04 AM
Silver Member

Re: Which Nightforce Reticle?

If you are going to use the reticle for range estimation then NP-R1 all the way. The finer the graduation the more accurate the size of the target can measured. And like Mike from CS Gunworks said the NP-R2 is to coarse on the windage for accurate holdoffs. I don't dial windage most of the time because I have a bad habit of cranking the thing the wrong way. Holdoffs are just easier to me for windage.
One thing I will say about the Zero-stop, it's nice to be able to go back to zero with a positive stop but you loose your # of rotations scale on the elevation turret with the zero stop. Sometimes I have lost count or second guessed myself on how many revolutions I have turned the knobs and I have to go all the way back to zero to be sure. I wish Nightforce would put a scale on the turret with the zero stop.

David