Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nightforce G7 5-22 NXS or Vortex 5-20 razor HD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 11:59 AM

Nightforce G7 5-22 NXS or Vortex 5-20 razor HD

Was dead set on getting a nightforce until I was able to compare them side by side now I am not sure what to get. I LOVE the razors EBR 2b reticle and it has FFP.....those of you that have used both which do you prefer and why? My only concern with vortex is their reliabilty/durability vs the nightforce. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Silver Member

Re: Nightforce G7 5-22 NXS or Vortex 5-20 razor HD

Ive never used the Nightforce G7, but I usto use a 5.5-22x56 nsx. I sold it and bought a Razor. The only reason I did that was to gain FFP. After I got the Razor I like everything about it better. I am pretty rough on mine and Ive never had the first issue with it in about 18 months, and 1000 rds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncrzy View Post
Was dead set on getting a nightforce until I was able to compare them side by side now I am not sure what to get. I LOVE the razors EBR 2b reticle and it has FFP.....those of you that have used both which do you prefer and why? My only concern with vortex is their reliabilty/durability vs the nightforce. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Re: Nightforce G7 5-22 NXS or Vortex 5-20 razor HD

I was also dead set a on a Nightforce.... then looked at the Razor side by side. read up on the Razor, looked at it again. Now I own it.

Vortex warranty is awesome as is Nightforce, but its a lifetime instead of 10 years. I also read the time of repair is long for the Nightforce and Vortex often sends a new scope....

I don't think you will go wrong with either, I was able to get the Razor for <$1600 new with a 20% off coupon from Gander Mountain (shipped directly from Vortex). I was shocked the coupon was honored... so Gander got other business from me....