Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nightforce announces new lower priced 4-14x56 SHV riflescope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: Nightforce announces new lower priced 4-14x56 SHV riflescope

I am really surprised they released the 56mm model first. I would have thought a 50mm model would have sold alot better. I wonder if they are using a little lesser quality glass and are trying to make up for it with the 56mm obj. This way the first word out in the first tests isn't disappointment in the brightness or glass. The tactical community tends to be very pack like and loaded with group think. The first opinions released about a product tend to stick with these people. could nightforce be shaping the message by releasing a 56mm model first.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:04 PM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
Also, what reticle would you pros advise for hunting.
There are 2 available to select from.

This one came with the basic hunter model. The other is the MOAR.

Get the MOAR reticle.

I ordered a bunch for the LRH Store with the MOAR. They'll be shipping in April according to NF.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins cowboy View Post
I am really surprised they released the 56mm model first. I would have thought a 50mm model would have sold a lot better.
My preference would have been 50mm objective also. Or even 45mm. 56mm starts to get umbrella-like on my rifles. Oh well, if they do offer a 50mm version in the future, the strengths and weakness of this model should be well vetted and known by then. Will make the purchase decision easier at that future time.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
My preference would have been 50mm objective also. Or even 45mm. 56mm starts to get umbrella-like on my rifles. Oh well, if they do offer a 50mm version in the future, the strengths and weakness of this model should be well vetted and known by then. Will make the purchase decision easier at that future time.
Couldn't agree more... especially at 14x max power. I am surprised they are offering a 'value line' with huge front glass and illumination; two options that could substantially reduce cost even further. Hopefully the product line expands with time.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Bronze Member

I actually got a hands on view of this scope today at the Dallas Safari Club Expo.
It was the non-illuminated version with the MOAR reticle. I liked the scope,but would prefer it to have uncovered turrets,I have a tendency of loosing the caps out in the field.
I might have to buy one for the new 6.5-06 I'm building.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:28 AM

Anyone get to shoot with this scope yet. I was about to purchase a vortex PST until I saw this new scope from nightforce. Wondering if it's going to be worth the wait.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Gold Member

I agree with some of the others that a 50mm bell might be more ideal with a scope like this... although the covered turrets will be great for my lightweight timber rifle, where I crawl through thick stuff more than I sit and glass for longer shots. But all around great to see that Nightforce is offering a larger selection of scopes.