Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

nightforce???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Bronze Member

nightforce???

What is the difference between the br and nxs?
Old 02-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: nightforce???

The Br are 1/8moa clicks. I don't like them as much as the NXS. The Nxs are 1/4 moa and you couldn't hardly pry the ones I have from my hands. Also have never used a benchrest but from looking at them I like the NXS
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Aside from the 1/8 MOA clicks on the BR and 1/4 MOA on the NXS, the NXS also has a side focus knob instead of the objective bell adjustment that is found on the BR. Other then that, it is mostly shape and cosmetics. Some have claimed the NXS is more "bomb proof". I do not know if this is true or just a rumor. The BR series also allows you to more easily adjust the brightness on the illuminated reticle. The NXS is either on or off. If you want it brighter or dimmer, you have to unscrew the cap and change it in there. I have owned and used both and love(d) em all. Some I still have and some I dont.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:47 AM
Platinum Member

Also the NXS series scopes are more rugged and are rated for heavier recoil both positive and negetive g's