Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Nightforce?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Gold Member

Nightforce?????

am I not looking in the right place for NF scopes or are people really paying almost $2000 for a scope? I would love to have a couple but come on!!! I have two leupold VX3 6.5-20X50 LRs but I love the way NF turrents and reticles are set up ..but cant see paying that much for them.. anyone have info im missing please share!!...
Old 12-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Nightforce?????

If you feel the that a lesser price scope will fill your needs then by all means buy it. But after owning many Mark 4's and NXS's I will gladly pay the extra for the NXS or now even a little more for the ATACR.

The feel you mentioned in the turrets are one thing I like as well.

But yes, the retail price of an NXS with zero stop and HS turrets is $1956. Deals are around where you can save a few hundred if you shop.

Jeff
Old 12-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member

Ditto!!!!!!!! You pay for quality...
Old 12-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb85 View Post
am I not looking in the right place for NF scopes or are people really paying almost $2000 for a scope?
Folks are paying more than that for some scopes! Believe it or not, NF is upper-middle class.

Schmidt & Bender 3-20x50 Police Marksman LP 34mm Riflescope
Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Light Tactical Riflescope
Trijicon 3-15x50 TARS 34mm Rifle Scope
U.S. Optics 3.2-17x44 LR-17 30mm Riflescope

You get the idea!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Gold Member

upper middle class!!!!!????? well dam whats my leupolds ? the walmart brand of long range scopes?hahaha lol I just grew up on leupolds so I just keep buying them. is there any companies that offer turrents like whats on the nightforce? and reticles that could be put on (into) my gold rings? or will I be spending enough on those I should just be buy a NF? hey thanks for the help fellas !!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member

I have zero fear of buying a used NF. Their warranty is transferable, and seldom needed.

So you may consider a used NF NXS. The older 5.5 ~22 non-zerostops with 10 moa turrets and 100 moa of elevation can be had for around $1300 add a couple hundred for a zero stop model. In my opinion these are unbeatable at this price, and the Leupolds you are referring to in your previous posts are not even in the same league.

Jeff
Old 12-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Silver Member

it really depends on what you do with the scope, if you want to dial the scope and are sick of jacking around get a NF. I don't see myself ever trusting leupold again when it comes to serious turret cranking. if you look around there are those that will sell NF for less than the usual prices.