Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

NIGHT VISION EQUIPMENT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2005, 10:36 AM

NIGHT VISION EQUIPMENT

Long Range Hunting has been a great and interesting site to be a part of, and I am glad that it is here. As some of you may know, I manufacture and market a product of my own that is well received by military shooters however, has been a little bit slower in being accepted by hunters. This is changing as more and more hunters have become aware of practices, such as angle shooting and using the ACI. However, my question to all is this; how many of you enjoy hunting coyote’s, rabbit, etc… and how many of you do this at night using Night Vision equipment?
Old 03-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Gold Member

Re: NIGHT VISION EQUIPMENT

Are you looking for someone to test your product? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I hunt them at night sometimes but it is under a full moon.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

I have not night hunted yet but I have my NH permit. My idea is to look through my night vision and direct a laser pointer onto the couote and the shooter would aim at the red dot. This would allow us to remain in total darkness with no worry of using a red lens flashlight.

In Idaho the light can NOT be attached to the gun in any way so this almost requires two people in the field. I figure that using this pointing technique will also limit the movement of both hunters and will eliminate the noise of flashlight switches clicking on and off.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member

Just don't mention ATN... lest I puke.

Watcha got?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:36 PM

I hunt fox and coyotes at night and I use a lightforce 170 striker scope light it works very well i have a dimmer for it to save bat life and it uses a 12 volt 7 ah battery this is the best light i ever used it goes from spread to spot beam. You could see a coyote at 400 yds with it and he doesn't have to be looking at you and thats with a red lens!I shot a white skunk last week in the snow at 250 yds and he wasn't looking at me I noticed his shadow and then snapped the light on the gun looked through the scope and seen it was a skunk and that was it for mister skunk.I use a fox pro e call with 32 calls and a 700 yrd remote and i have there new jack in the box decoy, it works great!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member

I'm with Brent. Whatcha got?

(psst brent. what is atn?)
Old 03-02-2005, 09:20 PM

All right guys… Here is what I’m up to. There has been a great need for NV devices as of late, most of which are going to OEF. However, I am excepting an opportunity to broker night vision devices. Because of this, I have these Scopes available for sale. They are available in 2nd Gen +, 3rd Gen B grade, 3rd Gen A and 3rd Gen A hand picked; 4X and 6X. The price may be an issue for many, except for those that really want Precision Shooting at night and a new experience. Since I am engaged and determined to expose hunters to this, I thought that I would first introduce the thought here.