Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

night force scopes; bringing it back to zero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Platinum Member

Re: night force scopes; bringing it back to zero

Cam,
I believe they will be a bit more than that price, but I also like them enough to pay whatever since they absolutely fix the problem. Great suggestion regarding the Pathfinders I have them on all my scopes, they are the best way to ensure your drop data is where you need it. Simple and they work. Put an ACI, Pathfinder and a level on the scope, gets pretty busy.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Silver Member

Ian

Yeah, Nightforce just had a first of year INCREASE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Any way I don't have a pathfinder but would like one!!
Took the ACI off!! (have a new rangefinder)
I've got the level but question its usefulness!!

I know, everybody jump on the bandwagon and tell me how good they are!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have a very good eye for plumb-straight-level if the cross hair is lined up with the bore, I refer to gut-fill on the crosshair vs looking at the level, one less thing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Was out to 2K shooting rocks and never looked at the level once!!! So for me the level might be the next thing to go, and the pathfinder will be tryed.

CAM
Old 01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Gold Member

cam, the rifle is going to be a 338am [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] : [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]kirbys going to build [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]under 16# [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] i believe scope will have npr1. aci cosine a scope level lo pro. muzzle brake- harris bipod w/pod loc. this is the first rifle i ever had built.its going to have a lawton m8000 action a 32" mike rock 5 barrel 10" twist sent to abs to be carbon fiber wrapped [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] maybe mcmillan a5 tatical if kirby can make it work [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] this rifle is a dream come true.kirby said this is going to be a world class rifle. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Silver Member

New shooter
Sounds like a lot of gun and $$$$$ for a "NEW SHOOTER" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Hope you have lots of fun with it.
Back to the reticle and scope
the NRP1 is like the NRP2 but is 1MOA instead of 2MOA spacing. (twice as many lines in the same space to confuse you)(Why count by one?) J/K [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
To plan out the reticle you need to know your bullet speed and drop info or BC to imput to the computer. then see what works best for you!! some zero at 300 some at 400 you could zero at 1000 if thats what works for ya!! you better get some MOA built into the base if you plan to go long. because scope adjustment disappears fast when you stetch out.

CAM
Old 01-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Cam,
Suggest you buy a Pathfinder, then you will wonder why you did not get one a long time ago [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Gold Member

cam the 338am 32" barrel. 300 smk bullet speed 3250 to 3400 40 moa base. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Silver Member

SS7mm,

What mount are you using for your ACI?

This is a great discussion
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
--Frank Outlaw