Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Newbies ?s---------- Valdada scopes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Bronze Member

Newbies ?s---------- Valdada scopes?

Finally found a site where people have heard of them.
How do they compare with the S&B, Ziess, and Swarovski scopes in clarity and being able to see at dusk?

I do know there much cheaper
Old 02-08-2004, 04:27 PM

Re: Newbies ?s---------- Valdada scopes?

Hope there good! I ordered a 6x24 Friday, can let you know when it gets here.
regards
krw
Old 02-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Gold Member

Personally, I like IOR scopes. I think they compare favorably to the top Euro's in every regard. Optically as good as a S&B I had once. And are tough as nails. They are built to take alot of abuse.

CS dept has dealt with me fairly, though they are hard to get a hold of in Colo. If you are looking for a great rep, look no further than Jim @ Quality Optics. He hangs out on this forum and others, and will plug you into an IOR...sakofan..
Old 02-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Silver Member

Can't say enough good things about the IOR scopes. I did have a CS issue that took a bit to resolve, but Jim Maloney @ Q-Optics stepped in and it was resloved very quickly.

There is no comparison between the IOR glass and the best that Leupold puts out. IOR glass is far superior to Leupold. I've owned mostly Leupolds scopes (mark 4's and VARiX-III's) in the past and when compared side-by-side to the IOR, the leupolds glass isn't in the same class and isn't as good.

I've switched to IOR over Leupolds. IOR's are just as good as the best Leuy's and far superior glass and cost less.

When you're ready to order, give Jim at Q-Optics a call and he'll take great care of you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!
Old 02-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Bronze Member

I compared a Zeiss V-series in a 2.5-10x50 to the IOR 4.5-14x50 and the Zeiss was a little shaper and gather alittle more light, but your talking a different of $500.00 in price which that alittle bit is not worth that.IOR has a good reputation for being repeatable and very solid. There also design to handle 50cal. recoil. I would go IOR, price is hard to beat

[ 02-08-2004: Message edited by: Magmaniac ]