Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Newbie question on "Come Ups"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2004, 09:28 PM

Newbie question on "Come Ups"

Ok

I'd like to set something up that I know how many clicks I have to come up at certain yardgs. Bad part is I only havea 100 yard range to work with. I'd like to figure if say at 300 yards..I need to come up X amount of clicks to be dead on...500 yds etc. Can someone please help me get started on this.

What software etc is needed

Joe
Old 10-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Newbie question on "Come Ups"

lablover -

If you are using a bullet from one of the big companies that have trajectory tables as part of their loading manual (Sierra - Nosler, etc) you can get a very close estimate from there. Also there are free ballistic programs on at least a couple of the shooting forums that are easy to use and very accurate. If you want to buy your own software a lot of guys like Sierra, but there are others. I've never found a need to buy a program. But if you like to play with that sort of thing, go for it.

[ 10-09-2004: Message edited by: Cheechako ]
Old 10-10-2004, 07:39 AM

Just want to thank Jeff in TX for the offline help

It's all very clear now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 10-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Silver Member

Joe,

Glad I could help. I'm working on tweaking the program you have and when I'm done, I'll send you out the latest copy.

Keep the questions coming.

Jeff

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!