Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Newbie needs help with scope choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 10:10 PM

Newbie needs help with scope choice

I am looking for suggestions for a scope for a Remington 700 in .308 with 26" barrel. I'm going to mount the action in a Bell & Carlson Medalist A5 stock and the setup is going to be used for varmint hunting, deer hunting and bench shooting. I'd like to keep the scope price around $500.
I've looked at Leupold Mark 4 (even though the price is about 750, simply because of the rep Leupold has), Burris (not sure which models), Nikon Monarch, Bushnell Elite and Vortex Viper (which I know nothing about, but I was checking them out tonight on the web.....are they garbage?). Any other suggestions?
I am partial to Nikon because I have one mounted on a rifle. And because they are relatively cheap compared to the others.
I'd like the magnification ot be between 4.5 x 14 up to 6 x 24. Again, suggestions?

Thanks in advance......
Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Newbie needs help with scope choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaBowHunter View Post
I am looking for suggestions for a scope for a Remington 700 in .308 with 26" barrel. I'm going to mount the action in a Bell & Carlson Medalist A5 stock and the setup is going to be used for varmint hunting, deer hunting and bench shooting. I'd like to keep the scope price around $500.
I've looked at Leupold Mark 4 (even though the price is about 750, simply because of the rep Leupold has), Burris (not sure which models), Nikon Monarch, Bushnell Elite and Vortex Viper (which I know nothing about, but I was checking them out tonight on the web.....are they garbage?). Any other suggestions?
I am partial to Nikon because I have one mounted on a rifle. And because they are relatively cheap compared to the others.
I'd like the magnification ot be between 4.5 x 14 up to 6 x 24. Again, suggestions?

Thanks in advance......
If your wallet isn't stuffed with cash and you want a scope that you can use for long range take a look here and he also sells Falcon scopes:

WOTAC or INTENCITY OPTICS ?????

joseph