Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 rifle scope.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Bronze Member

New Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 rifle scope.

I think Zeiss may have come up with a new classic with their New Conquest HD5 rifle scope models.
The 5-25x50 is definitely first on my list to replace my old faithful leupold 4.5-15x40 LRPR.
Can anyone tell me what a"lockable target turret" is? and how it works?
And is anyone out there using one?
I would love to hear your comments.

Regards Steve.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 rifle scope.

I'm awaiting shipment of mine ,it should get here by Friday. I read some where it also has a "Zero Stop " Lockable turrets I think you lift them up to adjust and then push them down or dang recalling the photograph there could of been a lever that is toggled some way. I'm all excited I can't wait till it gets here.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Bronze Member

Hey Iron Worker,
My guess is that it is the same function as the Nightforce zero stop but so far I,ve not found any information on what and how it works.

What reticle have you gone for and what rifle are you putting it on?

Regards Steve.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Bear 9362;748524]Hey Iron Worker,
My guess is that it is the same function as the Nightforce zero stop but so far I,ve not found any information on what and how it works.

What reticle have you gone for and what rifle are you putting it on?

Regards Steve.[/QUOT
They're PLEX reticule and it will go on a Rem 700 6/284 . Had a Sightron S3 8x32x56mm with 1/8 dot. I wasn't overly impressed with glass dot was way to small and power magnification was to much for a predator/varmint rifle here in Nevada. aLWAYS WANTED A zEISS SCOPE WHEN THESE HD5 came out with new coatings . Regardless that their 1" scopes I had to have one. 5x25x50 will be plenty big and they say they have 65 MOA adjustment. That's more then enough I don't need a 30mm tube.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear 9362 View Post
I think Zeiss may have come up with a new classic with their New Conquest HD5 rifle scope models.
The 5-25x50 is definitely first on my list to replace my old faithful leupold 4.5-15x40 LRPR.
Can anyone tell me what a"lockable target turret" is? and how it works?
And is anyone out there using one?
I would love to hear your comments.

Regards Steve.
One of our members "8andbait" received his and we have been talking. He found out to late I might add that once you set the zero stop at your zero there is only 16.5 MOA of up adjustment before the zero stop mechanism stops it from going any higher. That really sucks. You can remove the zero stop and the scope will run all the way up but then you are lost coming back down. Very poor design. Other then that the scope would have been perfect.

Now this was with the Zeiss HD5 3-15. I would think the 5-25 would have the same zero stop setup but could be wrong. So I would recommend before buying that scope to really do the homework

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 01-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

Doesn't "Zero Stop" mean that I set it as such and such then I can adjust it for longer range and then dial it down to original setting and the "Zero Stop " won't let me go past that ?>
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Bronze Member

You would think that when new products are released they would allow someone time to put together a review so we the cosumers can make an informed decision on what to spend our hard earned money on.
If the lockable turrent when used allows for just 1 revolution of elevation then we are looking at a cheaper version of a Swarovski Z5.
But hey I'm not wanting to make assumptions here, what I want is the absolute gospel according to Zeiss and so far have found limited facts.
Redhawk has alittle bit about how they are suppose to work, something about pulling them up to set the lockable turret. Guess I should email them for some more information?

No doubt the facts will come to light shortly.

Thanks Steve.