Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

New XOTIC scope arrived today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: New XOTIC scope arrived today

Evening gang,

Sorry, never made it to the range today as it's been raining steady since last night. I'll probably get there on Wed morning.

Yes, the scope is made by XOTIC out of Gun Barrel City TX, not far from SWFA. I believe the scope will be exclusive to SWFA.

The scope is built very tough and had a few guys from the tactical community who are well know for destorying scopes helped with the R&D phase as well as the proto-types. Optics are very clear and crisp to the edges and is very bright. Can't wait to give it a real world test when I get it to the range.

Mike the Undude (very well known in the tactical community for fairly evaluating scopes and trying his best to destory them in the process) said the glass was equal to his Schmidt & Bender tactical scope which he thought was optically perfect and cost 2 1/2 times as much as the XOTIC.

I'll post some pictures when I get back from the range.

Everyone have a Happy Easter!

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!